Vegan Chorizo Chili
Is it chilly outside? Why not make some warming chili?
I usually don't buy faux meat because most of them have ingredients I don't recognize.
But... when No Evil Foods reached out to me, I was so excited to see their short and recognizable list of ingredients and that they have compostable packaging! When I received this vegan chorizo, I couldn't wait to make some delicious chili.
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 white onion, diced
· Celery, 3 stalks
2 carrots, cut
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
· 10 sweet mini peppers or 2 bell peppers
· 3 cups cooked black beans
· 2 tsp taco seasoning
· 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
· 2 cups vegetable broth (I use around 2 teaspoons of Better than Bouillon)
· 1 tablespoon tomato paste
· 1 1/2 cups water
· 1 tsp salt (or as per taste)
· 1 bunch cilantro
1. In a large pot over medium heat, drizzle in the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, throw in the onions and let them cook for about 2 minutes before you put in the celery, carrots, garlic, and jalapeno. Let those all marry together for about 5 minutes.
2. Crumble in the No Evil Foods Vegan Chorizo and then the black beans, peppers, taco seasoning, smoked paprika, vegetable broth, tomato paste, water, and salt. Cover with a lid and then cook for about 30 minutes, or until everything is nice and tender.
3. Serve hot with some avocado or guac, cilantro, scallions, and maybe even some vegan sour cream. Yum!
As with any chili or curry, this is even better the next day!
I made this whole thing and my husband and I finished it within 24 hours.
We loved it THAT much. The flavor of the chorizo is so good, and that seitan is packed with plant-based protein! Check out the No Evil Foods products when you get the chance - you can purchase these at your local Target, Stop & Shop, and other grocery stores.
That's it for now, I hope you make this chili and enjoy!
Stay warm, lovelies.