Instant Pot Sweet Potato Black Bean Soup
This sweet potato and black bean soup is going to be one of my staples this month, because it's a cold January and nothing is better than coming home to a warm bowl of soup with a dollop of guacamole.
A note on being more sustainable: Ever since I got my Instant Pot, I have always preferred to buy dry beans in bulk, since it creates less waste than the ones in cans, and because the IP cooks the beans without having to pre-soak them.
Here are the ingredients I used:
2 cups dry black beans
1.5 cups sweet potato, diced
1 medium red onion, diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
3 cloves of garlic, diced
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp taco seasoning
1 tbsp concentrated vegetable broth
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Pour the black beans and 5 cups of water into the Instant Pot. Manually cook for about 50 minutes to get them really soft and tender.
2. Meanwhile, dice all of your vegetables. Saute the onion, celery, garlic, and jalapeno until the onions become translucent.
(Of course, you can just put all of these into the IP along with the oil and spices once the beans are done, but you achieve a depth of flavor by sauteing these first).
3. Once the black beans are done, manually release pressure, open your IP, and pour in the rest of the ingredients along with 1 more cup of water. Stir.
4. Cook with the meat/stew setting for 15 minutes. Manually let the pressure release (or let it release on its own if you aren't in a hurry).
5. Pour into your favorite bowl with a dollop of guacamole and a drizzle of cashew cream. Garnish with some cilantro and a wedge of lime. Enjoy!
#Recipes #InstantPot #InstantPotRecipes #BlackBeans #Soup #Stew #Protein #WeightLoss #Beans #VeganInstantPotRecipes #VeganRecipes #SweetPotato