Chocolate Raspberry Energy Hearts
If you want to gift something from the heart for Valentine's Day this year, look no further than these little gems! The perfect little homemade treat for you and your favorite person! ♡
These little energy bites are made with just a handful of ingredients and can be made in just a few minutes if you make them into balls. Making them into hearts is a labor of love but still only takes a few extra minutes. This is a great make-ahead treat if you want to freeze them for later!
1 cup medjool dates
1/2 cup oat flour
1/4 cup shredded coconut
3 tbsp cacao powder
2 tbsp dried raspberries
2 tbsp vegan dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut oil
Extra dried raspberries, coconut flakes, or any of your favorite toppings
1. In a food processor, blend the ingredients for the energy hearts until they roughly come together in a ball. If it's too dry, add a teaspoon more water at a time until you can press it together but it isn't sticky.
2. Scoop a tablespoon measure into your hands and mold it into a heart. Lay it onto a silicone baking mat. Do the same for the rest of the dough and pop into the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up.
3. Meanwhile, melt the coating ingredients: chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave or a double-boiler.
4. Once the hearts have firmed up, take them out and dunk them into the melted chocolate. Place them back on the silicone baking mat and sprinkle with some more dried raspberries or shredded coconut.
5. Place back in the fridge to firm up for about 15 minutes and enjoy with BAE!
This is my absolute favorite combo ever. Chocolate and raspberry are the way to my heart. What's your favorite combination with chocolate?